The United Rugby Championship’s three front runners will be looking to edge ahead of their rivals in Round 7 while there are also a bonus pair of all-South African clashes to look forward to.
Ulster’s 20-10 victory at Leinster last weekend pulled them level on points with the defending champions at the summit while Edinburgh triumphed 30-14 at the Dragons to reduce the gap on the leading duo to a single point.
Leinster host a rejuvenated Connacht at the RDS Arena on Friday, the same night Edinburgh welcome Benetton to the Scottish capital.
Ulster’s quest to stay among the competition’s pace setters takes them to Swansea to face the Ospreys on Saturday while Glasgow Warriors meet the Dragons at home later that evening.
Meanwhile, following the postponement of cross-hemisphere fixtures in South Africa in Rounds 6 and 7, two matches have been brought forward to fill the gap.
The Cell C Sharks host the Vodacom Bulls in a Round 12 fixture on Friday before the DHL Stormers welcome the Emirates Lions in Round 8 a day later.
Glasgow v Dragons: Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow | KO 19:35 UK (20:35 ITA, 21:35 SA) | Live on Premier Sports, URC TV
Glasgow Warriors have hit a rocky run of form after following up three consecutive victories with back-to-back defeats against Leinster and Benetton.
Danny Wilson’s side had been on a six-match winning run at Scotstoun prior to the Leinster loss but it was the Dragons who came out on top when these sides last met at the venue in December 2020.
The Dragons’ only win in their last 10 championship fixtures was a 35-22 victory at Connacht in Round 3 while their most recent defeat also came at the hands of Scottish opposition, with Edinburgh claiming victory at Rodney Parade last weekend.
Referee: Frank Murphy (IRFU, 54th competition game), Assistant: Ben Blain, Dunx McClement (bothSRU), TMO:Brian MacNeice (IRFU
Overall URC head-to-head record:
Played 35, Glasgow won 16, Dragons won 16 with 3 matches drawn.
Did you know?
- Glasgow Warriors have lost their last two United Rugby Championship matches following on from a run of three successive victories.
- The Warriors 15-31 reversal to Leinster last time out at Scotstoun ended a six-game winning run at the venue for the Scotsmen.
- Dragons only victory in theirlast ten United Rugby Championship matches was 35-22 at Connacht in Round 3 this season.
- Dragons have lost their last two matches against Scottish opponents but were victorious on their most recent visit to Scotland, winning 23-22 against Glasgow at Scotstoun in December 2020 to end a barren run of twelve successive defeatson trips north of the border in all tournaments.
- The last six fixtures between the two sides have been evenly split with three wins apiece