Dragons face Lyon in Round Two of the European Challenge Cup this Friday night at Rodney Parade - here are all the mach facts ahead of the big game.
- The Dragons and Lyon have never met in Europe before, Lyon will be the 34th different side that the Dragons have faced Europe and the 12th different side from France.
- The Dragons have won 10 of their 12 home games against TOP 14 sides in the EPCR Challenge Cup (L2), scoring 30+ points in eight of those games and conceding as many points only once in that run.
- Lyon have only won three of their 12 away games in the Challenge Cup (L9), losing each of the most recent five; they lost their two previous trips to Wales in the competition, both in 2017 (against the Ospreys and Cardiff).
- Lyon made 16 successful offloads during the first round of the Challenge Cup 2021/22, no other team made more than 10, while only Edinburgh (1) made fewer offloads than Dragons (4); individually, Lyon’s Davit Niniashvili made six offloads, twice as many as any other player.
- Taine Basham (Dragons) beat 11 defenders in the EPCR Challenge Cup last weekend, more than any other player during the opening round; no Lyon player beat more than three defenders in Round 1 (Killian Geraci, 3).
Tickets remain on sale NOW! Click HERE to buy online or call 01633 674990
TWEETS BY @DRAGONSRUGBY